Our wide range of online dementia courses are the perfect choice for anyone working in the healthcare sector.
Dementia Care Practice Level 3 - e-Learning CPD
When a person with dementia finds that their mental abilities are declining, they often feel vulnerable and in need of reassurance, care and support. Carers need to do everything they can to help the person with dementia to retain their sense of identity and feelings of self-worth.
Caring for a person with dementia can be challenging and requires a high level of skills and knowledge to cope with all the problems the dementia sufferer may face. This course is designed to provide you with the level of knowledge and understanding required to ensure you are able to deliver the highest possible standards of care.
- Dementia: Causes, Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Define dementia, explain the causes and how it affects the brain
- Identify the symptoms of and diagnosis for dementia
- Dementia: Treatment and Legal Issues
- Explain the range of treatments and approaches available for people with dementia
- Define the law in relation to dementia sufferers and explain the principles of recording, data protection and confidentiality
- Care Planning for and Problems of the Dementia Sufferer
- Identify the key features of PCCP and be able to construct a person-centred care plan
- Explain the main problems faced by people with dementia
- Caring for Dementia Sufferers
- Identify key aspects of the physical care and support required by dementia sufferers
- Identify key aspects of the psychological and emotional care and support required by dementia sufferers
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Send us a message and we’ll be happy to help!