Our online first aid at work course is flexible, accessible and can be completed in 4 to 5 hours. It can be used as part of a blended-learning approach and can replace 1 day of the 3 day first aid at work qualification.
The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers to provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work.
Highfield’s First Aid at Work e-learning course gives learners the opportunity to undertake online first-aid training and go on to achieve the level 3 award in first aid at work (RQF) or first aid at work at SCQF level 6.
This e-learning course can replace 1 day of the 3-day first aid at work (RQF) course or first aid at work at SCQF level 6 course that are run through recognised Highfield Qualifications centres. This e-learning also covers other practical areas of the course, such as CPR, so is great for reinforcing competency and refresher training.
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first-aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Recognising and assisting a choking casualty
- Managing a casualty – external bleeding and shock
- Managing a casualty – minor injury
- Conducting a secondary survey
- Administering first aid to a casualty with injuries to their bones
- Administering first aid to a casualty with head and spinal injuries
- Administering first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- Administering first aid to a casualty with burns or eye injuries
- Administering first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning or anaphylaxis
- Administering first aid to a casualty with a major illness
Who is it aimed at?
The course is ideal for any employee or manager who wishes to become a first-aider in the workplace.
No prior knowledge needed
4 – 5 hours
How It Works
Our e-learning is available to use on multiple platforms such as tablets, PCs and laptops. All you need is an internet connection. Learners simply log on to the Learner Management System (LMS) and work their way through the course, along with the scenarios that provide them with real-life context.
Learners are assessed at the end of the course by multiple-choice questions.
Learners will receive an e-learning completion certificate, which is downloadable upon successfully finishing the course.
This e-learning course is a Highfield Qualifications accredited programme. More information is available at https://www.highfieldqualifications.com/